- Pasta – 1/2 lb
- Extra Firm Tofu – 7 oz (cut into small cubes)
- Chopped Garlic – 1/2 tsp
- Onion Powder – 1 tsp (or slice a small piece of onion and use that instead)
- Bell Pepper – 1/2 (sliced)
- Broccoli Florets – 1/4 cup
- Carrots (chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Soy Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Chilly Garlic Sauce – 2 tsp (or to taste)
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Sesame Oil – 2 tbsp
- Sesame Seeds (toasted) – 1 tbsp (optional, for garnish)
Directions For Tofu Pasta
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to the package instructions.
- Drain the water and keep it ready.
- Pat dry the tofu with a paper towel and cut it into small cubes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan/wok and add the tofu cubes.
- Fry on medium high heat stirring occasionally till it dries up and all the sides are browned.
- This takes about 10-15 minutes depending on the moisture content.
- Once the tofu becomes crispy and brown, move the tofu to the sides, make a well in between and proceed.
- Add an additional1 tbsp of oil and add the chopped garlic and onion powder.
- After a minute add the rest of the veggies in quick succession – broccoli, bell peppers, carrots.
- Increase the heat and stir fry for couple of minutes.
- Mix in the lemon juice, soy sauce and the chilly garlic sauce. You may also use store bought pasta sauce instead.
- Finally toss in the pasta. Make sure the sauce coats the pasta nicely.
- Check for salt and other seasonings. If you like the pasta more spicy, add 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder or red pepper flakes.
- Switch off and serve. You may top it with toasted sesame seeds to add a crunch to the dish.
Thanks visiting for Tofu Pasta recipe.