- Puff pastry — 2 sheets (1 17.3-ounce package)
- Bulk pork sausage — 2 pounds
- Onion, finely chopped — 1
- Breadcrumbs — 1 cup
- Salt and pepper — to season
- Milk or cream — 1/2 cup
- Egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water — 1
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, mix together the sausage, onion, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and milk or cream.
- Unfold the puff pastry onto a lightly floured work surface. Cut each sheet in two lengthwise to make four long rectangles. Form a log of sausage down the center of each puff pastry sheet, leaving a 1-inch edge.
- Starting from a long edge, roll the puff pastry up and over the sausage, brushing the edge with the beaten egg to seal. Pinch the ends closed.
- Cut each roll into quarters. Place the rolls seam-side down on a parchment or wax paper-lined baking sheet and brush the tops with the egg wash.
- Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F, and bake for another 30 to 35 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden and the sausage is cooked through.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then serve with ketchup.
Thanks visiting for Sausage Roll recipe.