Ingredient For Rajasthani Mirchi Vada
- Green chilly – 11 (250 grams)
- Gram flour – 1 cup (100 grams)
- Boiled potatoes – 3 (250 grams)
- Green coriander – 2 to 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp (coarsely ground)
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chilly powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger paste – ½ tsp
- Green chilly – 1 (finely chopped)
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- Mango powder – ½ tsp
- Carom seeds – ½ tsp
- Baking soda – ½ pinch
- Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
- Oil – for frying
Directions For Rajasthani Mirchi Vada
- Take gram flour in a big mixing bowl and add water to it in small portions.
- Prepare a thick batter same as required for making pakoras. Now to it add ½ tsp salt, carom seeds and ¼ tsp red chilly powder.
- Mix everything really well. Cover and keep the batter aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Peel the boiled potatoes and mash them finely.
- Heat a pan over flame. To it then add 2 tsp oil. When the oil is rightly hot, splutter cumin seeds first.
- After the seeds crackle, add turmeric powder, coriander powder, finely chopped green chilly, ginger paste and saute the spices.
- Now add mashed potatoes, salt, red chilly powder, mango powder and garam masala.
- Mix well and saute the potatoes. After roasting the potatoes for 2 minutes, add some coriander to it and turn off the flame.
- Stuffing is now done and ready, transfer it to any plate or bowl.
- Rinse and dry the chilies. Take one chilly and slit it in a way keeping it joined at the other side.
- Likewise slit all the chilies. Stuff these chilies with the prepared filling.
- For this, take chilly in your hands, open it up and stuff some filling to it using a spoon. Press nicely and similarly stuff all the chilies.
- Batter is ready as well. Add baking soda to it and mix well. Heat enough oil in a wok to deep fry the chilies.
- Coat the chilies with prepared batter and drop it in hot oil. Drop 2 to 3 chilies or as many as possible and deep fry until they get golden brown from all sides.
- Drain out the fried pakoras over kitchen paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Super lip smacking and delicious piping hot chilly vadas are ready.
- Serve them steaming hot with tomato sauce, chutney or any other dip or chutney as desired and relish eating.
Rajasthani Mirchi Vada
Ingredient Brinjal – 2-3 (small size)Gram flour – 1 cupGreen coriander – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)Green chilly – 2 (finely chopped)Ginger – 1 inch piece…Read More
Thanks visiting for Rajasthani Mirchi Vada recipe.