Ingredient For Ragda Pattice
- 1 cup Dried Green Peas/ Dried White Peas
- 2 medium Onions, chopped
- 6 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed Green Chili-Ginger
- 2 small Potatoes, boiled and chopped into small pieces
- 2 medium Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- teaspoons Red Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Jaggery (gur) or Sugar
- 5-6 Curry Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1½ tablespoons Oil
- For Serving:-
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 cup Sev
Directions For Ragda Pattice
- Wash and soak dried peas overnight or for 8 hours in water.
- Drain water from peas and cook in pressure cooker with 3 cups fresh water and salt for 4 whistles over medium flame or until peas turn soft.
- Do not drain water from cooked peas; use them with water when required in next steps.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai over medium flame. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds; when mustard seeds begin to sizzle, add asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté for approx 10 seconds.
- Add chopped onion and sauté until light brown.
- Add minced garlic and crushed green chili–ginger and sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for approx 3 minutes. Add garam masala, red chili powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add cooked peas (along with water in which they are pressure cooked) and mix well. Add lemon juice and jaggery and mix well.
- Mash few peas with a back of spoon to make it thick. Add 1½ cups water and mix well.
- Add chopped potatoes (boiled), salt and mix well.
- Cook it over low flame for 8-10 minutes or until it turns thick. Takeaway kadai from flame or heat source.
- Transfer it to individual serving plates. Garnish each plate with chopped coriander leaves, sev and chopped onion and serve immediately as a ragda chaat.
Ingredient Bread – 6Paneer – 150 grams (1 cup crumbled)Capsicum – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)Green peas – 1/4 cupGreen coriander – 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)Ginger…Read More
Thanks for Visiting Ragda Pattice Recipe.