- 1/2 cup Gram Flour (besan/chickpea flour)
- 1 cup Sour Buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder (haldi)
- For Seasoning:-
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds (til)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 3-4 pieces Green Chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 10-15 leaves Curry Leaves
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Scraped
- 4 tablespoons Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons Oil
Directions For Khandvi
- Take gram flour, buttermilk, turmeric powder and salt in a large bowl. Mix properly and make smooth batter using hand blender.
- Grease large plate or back side of thali with cooking oil and keep aside.
- Pour batter into a heavy bottomed pan or kadai and cook on low flame.
- Keep stirring constantly to avoid lump formation.
- Cook until mixture becomes thick and does not taste raw. It will take approx 8 minutes.
- Transfer a large spoonful of batter over previously greased plate or thali. Spread batter in thin layer with the help of back of flat spoon or spatula.
- Let it cool for 3-4 minutes. Once cooled, place straight cuts using knife and make 2″ wide strips.
- Carefully roll each strip into roll (like a swiss roll) and transfer them to a serving dish.
- Heat 2 tablespoons cooking oil in a small tempering pan. Sauté mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and green chillies. Add sesame seeds only in the end when sauté is ready.
- Pour prepared seasoning over khandvi arranged in a serving plate.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut and chopped coriander leaves. Serve with spoonful of green coriander chutney or garlic chutney.
Ingredient Cauliflower – 250 to 300 gramsGram flour – 1 cupRice flour – 2 tbspGreen coriander – 2 to 3 tbspDry fenugreek leaves – 2…Read More
Thanks visiting for Khandvi recipe.