Ingredient For Indian Style Pasta
- Pasta – 1 cup
- Water – 4 cups
- Onions – ¼ cup (Finely chopped)
- Tomatoes- ¼ cup (finely chopped)
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chilly- 1 (finely chopped)
- Chilly powder/ hot sauce – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- All purpose flour (Maida) – 1 tsp
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Coriander leaves- for garnishing
Directions For Indian Style Pasta
- In a deep pan heat water and bring it to a boil. Add salt and few drops of oil
- Add the pasta to this and let cook for 6- 8 minutes, until it is cooked al dente (soft but firm). Each shape of pasta cooks differently. Do check the package for cooking instructions. Be very careful, not to overcook.
- Drain the water and keep it aside. I usually like to reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water just in case I need to thin the sauce.
- In a pan heat the oil. Saute the onions and green chilly till golden brown.
- Next add the ginger garlic paste and cook for half a minute.
- Next add the tomatoes and saute the mixture till the tomatoes mash up.
- Now add the flour and saute for a minute. This is just to give a thickness to the sauce and help it coat the pasta nicely.
- Add the milk, chilly powder/chilly sauce, salt and garam masala. If you do not prefer adding milk, substitute with the drained cooking water instead.
- Mix well and check for seasoning. It should be little on the saltier and spicier side so that when we mix the pasta it is perfect.
- You can make this sauce ahead of time and mix in the pasta when you are ready to serve.
- Finally add the pasta and toss well. Switch off when all the pasta is coated with the masala and it is heated through.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Indian Style Pasta
Thanks visiting for Indian style Pasta recipe.