- Idli rice – 1 3/4 cup
- Black gram – 1/2 cup
- Fenugreekseeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Soak rice and black gram separately in water for at least 1 hour. Soaking overnight can be done too.
- Add fenugreek seeds to black gram.
- Drain the water and grind the black gram to a silky soft texture.
- Next grind the rice coarsely. Mix it with black gram batter along with salt.
- Now leave the batter to rest and ferment for at least 6 hours till the batter rises to almost double the size.
- Grease the idl; plates with few drops of oil and fill with idl; batter.
- Steam them for about 10 minutes till they rise and become firm. (If you do not have idl; stand, grease stainless steel tumblers, fill it with batter and steam it as shown in the picture.)
- Switch off the stove and let it rest for a minute or 2. After that use a wet spoon to remove the idl; from the plate.
Idli ( idl; )
Thanks visiting for Idli recipe.