- Pac(bun) – 8
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Red or green chutney – ½ cup
- Masala peanuts – 2 tbsp
- Thin Sev – ½ cup
- Green Dhaniya(coriander) – ½ cup(finely chopped)
- Anaar(pomegranate) seeds – ½ cup
- Ingredients for Dabeli Masala –
- Whole Dhaniya(coriander) – 2 tsp
- Jeera(cumin seeds) – 1 tsp
- Red chilli – 1
- Cinnamon – 1 inch long piece
- Clove – 2
- Black pepper – 3 to 4
- Ingredients for Dabeli stuffing –
- Potatoes – 4
- Tomatoes – 2
- Green chilli – 1
- Ginger – 1 inch long piece
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Jeera(cumin seeds) – ½ tsp
- Heeng(asafoetida) – 1 pinch
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – ¾ tsp(if you wish)
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp(if you wish)
- Salt – add to taste(1/2 tsp)
How to make Dabeli –
- Boil potatoes, peel them and break into small pieces.
- Wash tomatoes and cut them into small pieces. Grate or grind ginger. Finely chop green chilli.
- Let us prepare the spices which are to be mixed with the stuffing.
Masala Powder Recipe-
- Put all the spices excluding red chilli in a heated pan and roast till it turns light brown.
- Cool off the roasted spices and grind them into fine powder.
- Masala is ready, this masala is used to mix while roasting the stuffing.
How to make stuffing –
- Pour oil and butter in a Kadhai(pan) and heat. Put Heeng and Jeera into hot butter.
- After lightly roasting Jeera add ginger, green chilli, and turmeric powder.
- Roast lightly then put chopped tomatoes and fry them till tomatoes are mashed as well as cooked.
- Now mix salt, potatoes and masala and as you stir cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stuffing is ready, take it out in a bowl and keep aside.
How to Prepare –
- Cut 2 sides of Pav in a manner that the remaining 2 sides are stuck together.
- Heat tawa(flat pan), apply little butter on the upper and lower sides of the cut Pav. Heat them on the Tawa till both sides turn light brown.
- Open the cut portion of Pav, on its inner portions(both sides) apply sweet Chutney on one side and salty green Chutney on the other.
- Now take one spoon full of Dabeli stuffing and place it on the inner portion of Pav.
- Place 1 tsp Seeng dana, 1 tsp Sev, 1 tsp green Dhaniya, and 1 tsp pomegranate seeds on the stuffing.
- Take Dabeli on your palm and press to close it.
- Scrumptious Dabeli is ready. Serve them hot and eat.
Thanks For Visiting Dabeli Recipes.