- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1 carton low-fat or light ricotta cheese – (15 ounce)
- 2 Tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup light dairy sour cream
- 5 Tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries or blueberries
For crepes: –
- In a medium bowl combine egg, milk, and flour. Beat with rotary beater until well mixed. Spray an unheated 6-inch skillet or crepe pan with nonstick coating.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. Remove from heat and pour in about 2 tablespoons batter. Lift and tilt skillet to spread batter.
- Return skillet to heat; cook 30 to 60 seconds or until browned on 1 side only.
- Remove from pan. Repeat with remaining batter to make 15 crepes. Lightly brush skillet with shortening between cooking, as needed.
- Spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick coating. Set aside. For filling, in a bowl combine ricotta cheese, the 2 tablespoons orange marmalade, the sugar, and cinnamon. Spoon about 2 tablespoons filling onto the unbrowned side of a crepe; spread out slightly.
To fold: –
- 1) Fold in half. Fold in half again, forming a wedge;
- 2) Fold like a burrito by folding in the sides and then rolling forward over the filling like a cigar.
- Arrange assembled Blintzes in prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. To serve, spoon 2 teaspoons of sour cream and 1 teaspoon of marmalade onto each blintz. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and berries.
Thanks visiting for Blintze recipe.